- What is SevenEngine? It is a game engine being developed in C# using the OpenTK bindings for OpenGL.
- What can you do with it? You can make your own game or 3D graphics demo! The engine is still in it’s early development, but is already supports bmp texture loading, obj model loading, and glsl shader loading.
- Why should you be interested? The engine is entirely open source. You can use the engine as well as view/edit the source code. Even if you don’t care for graphics programming, the framework for the engine contains its own data structures, algorithms, and mathematics that could be used for any form of programming. Best of all, ITS ENTIRELY FREE!
If you are interested in the project and want to check it out, you can view the source code on GitHub. The Engine contains two libraries, the SevenFramework project is the general-purpose, low-level code, and the SevenEngine project is the graphics-intended, high-level code.
If you want to follow the project closely through notifications, you can use any of the following methods:
- BEST: Watch the actual source code on GitHub.com.
- Subscribe to this site by making an account (register at bottom of page)
- Occasionally read the posts from “Development” (link in navigation menu)
Hello, my name is Zachary Patten, and I am the lead developer (and currently the only developer) of SevenEngine and the SevenFramework. It is my goal to make the best designed engine I can. By “best designed” I don’t only mean having the most advanced algorithms or data structures, I mean keeping the code extremely maintainable, well documented, and easy for beginners to use. As stated above, the engine is still in its early stages, and I actually only started the project a few months ago. However, I feel its come a long way in a short while, and I have no intention of slowing its development down.
If you would like information regarding the engine or you find missing links or other website glitches, you can post a comment on the discussion page, and I’ll try to read it as soon as possible. For more serious development questions, I can be contacted through email at email@example.com.
4,002 total views, 7 views today